The Center for Media Reseach looks at a new study from Outsell.
Key findings include:
* Online is now used by 80% of advertisers, a massive adoption rate not broadly acknowledged. We expect more than 90% adoption by 2008.
* Google is rated more effective than Yahoo! & MSN in keyword ads; and than Yahoo! in contextual ads.
* Total online marketing spending will grow 19% in 2006, 8 times TV/Radio and 6 times print.
* Keyword ads are rated much more effective than contextual placement; we expect contextual / behavioral / search combo to rise.
* Blog and wireless marketing spending are still slivers at less than 2% of online budget and are poised to grow 43% and 19%, respectively.