It appears he’s been keeping a close eye on users feedback and Google has added some new features to the tool, which include:
* support for Open Document Format (handy for those who use linux-based machines and Open Office products)
* a way to force multiple line text in a single cell (like a street address in, say, a spreadsheet for planning a wedding)
* currency symbols in addition to $
* an option to create PDF files that will print nicely
* the ability to share a spreadsheet with anyone who receives the URL (without having to specify their email address).
Nice to see Google’s adding new features to Spreadsheets, Lord knows it needed them.