And, we’re “go” for launch of Marketing Pilgim 2.0!
(If you’re reading this via RSS, you should click-thru to the site immediately and check out fresh new design).
I’m extremely excited with the new look for Marketing Pilgrim and with it comes a switch from Blogger to WordPress. While I’ve been a loyal supporter of Google’s Blogger; too much downtime, lack of plugins and an apparent move by Blogger to focus on the Blogspot community, made it an easy decision to make the switch.
Thanks to James Mathias of Onelotus Creative for bringing his expert design skills to the project. James was fantastic to work with, very patient and able to take my scrappy photoshop mock-up and turn it into a beautiful new blog.
Along with a shiny new skin, you’ll find great new features including:
- Categories – Finally, you can filter my ramblings by category.
- Comment email notifications – Now when you comment, you’ll know if someone’s decided to pick a fight.
- Tags – Look for future posts to include tags for even better classification.
- Better Sponsorship Ads – Not only do our sponsors get the supersized 125×125 ads, but they’re also included in RSS feed ads. Let me know if you’d like to be a sponsor.
- Comment RSS – if you happen to be a comment junkie, you can even subscibe to our comments RSS feed.
While we did get advice on keeping the post URL’s identical to the Blogger format, Blogger made some recent changes which meant it didn’t work. Consequently, yours truly had to manually change close to 200 posts, to ensure they matched the old page names. If you find any 404 errors, please use the search box in the top right to find what you were looking for. If you get a 404 for a page that you think absolutely should be there, please email me.
Also, not everything will import correctly from Blogger, so you may see some quirks with any imported post.
I hope you like the new look. Please share with your friends, co-workers, social bookmarks, etc.
Thanks for your loyal readership!