- Digg will get acquired or die (maybe even both). I think Digg is very close to jumping the shark and is close to its maximum level of exposure. It will either realize this and sell or wait too long and decline.
- Yahoo’s new search interface and algo will be key in the revival of the company’s fortunes. Once they switch to a platform that includes a performance metric, they’ll see better average CPCs.
- Social media marketing (SMM) will find its place. There will be some marketing agencies who actually figure out how to show an ROI from SMM.
- We’ll see at least one company, offering search marketing services, go public in 2007 and more acquired than in 2006.
- Blog tagging will become boring and we’ll have to find another way to entertain ourselves. 😉