Friday’s Internet Marketing News Roundup
This will likely be the last news post until after Christmas. Here’s what’s caught my attention today.
- Robert Scoble has re-discovered banner ads. He explains how Texas Instruments’ banner ads managed to catch his attention.
- Mashable is reporting LinkedIn has secured new funding which suggests the company has a $250 million value.
- Social media expert, Neil Patel, explains why some SEO web sites are being banned by Digg. Digg just doesn’t like SEO. Maybe the social bookmark site is receiving cash incentives from Did-It.
- Is MSN inflating the conversion data at adCenter? Search Engine Roundtable takes a look.
- Wengo is offering an embedded flash player for bloggers wishing to share their good looks via their web cam.
- Local search is evolving. The WSJ reveals how new search start-ups allow you to search stock inventory of local stores via your cell phone.