MyBlogLog is certainly the talk of the blogosphere these days. Readers know that I’m a big fan of the service – even though I can’t wait for their move to faster servers – and the company continues to add new users every day.
Lee Odden had a chance to ask Scott Rafer a few questions. Not too much info – Scott’s a busy man – but we do learn that they have over 50k users and growing by 2% each day.
Meanwhile, Shoemoney, has a list of ten features he’d like to see added to the service. If they’re open to suggestions, here’s mine:
- I love that the MBL avatar is added to comments, but if a commenter is not a MBL member, I show a small question mark. Maybe let me control what is shown instead, or at least display an invite to the commenter, to join my community.
- Provide some way to add friends en masse. I know this opens up the potential for spam, but if someone has added me as their friend, I’d like a faster way to reciprocate. Right now, I have to do one at a time, confirm the relationship, then go back to my community, and start again. Too cumbersome!
- In the widget, give me the option to display the visitor’s last comment. If they’ve visited, and left a comment, show that below their MBL name.
- It might be cool to offer a Flickr-type badge that displays random avatars of people who are part of my community.
- Speak to Michael Jensen, he has a few good tools made already.
I’ll keep thinking. Anyone else have a feature request?