The article details a few stories of real-world, offline success achieved because of online publicity via blogs. Some products even went from local/regional sales (one coffee, for example, was sold only in CA and AZ) to nationwide sales through some of the largest chains in the US.
How can you obtain national attention and sales through blogging publicity? The MSNBC/Entrepreneur article offers a few tips:
- Pitch to bloggers, either through a blog of your own or by approaching bloggers.
- Use content syndicators to get your news spread far and wide.
- Optimize press releases.
- Get in on the online broadcast game with podcasts and vidcasts.
- In your pitches, remember:
- Accentuate the positive.
- Shorter is better.
- Informal is ok.
- Being there is half the battle.
*Just so I don’t have to clarify later: I say ‘insular’ because really, breaking into the A-list of blogging, unless you’re trying to make it as a professional blogger, is far removed from “success” in the real world.