How sad, on Maundy Thursday, tooâ€”all manner of failures:
- Second Life marketing = failure: GigaOM outlines 3 Reasons Why Marketing in Second Life Doesn’t Work. Oh, good. Now that he’s taken care of that fad, I can go back to
bashingcovering mobile marketing.
- Johnson & Johnson’s Ortho Evra: The patch itself has been quite effective at preventing pregnancy, but the company is embroiled with lawsuits over the accompanying increased risk of blood clots, etc. What’s a pharma company to do? Buy up othroevrasux.com and the like. (Interesting online reputation management strategy, I guess. via MediaPost).
- Banners that blend in get better CTR: “That’s not a failure,” you say. Sure it is. It’s a failure of every banner that tries to stand out. Or, as ThreadWatch put it, “Banner blindness [is] getting worse.”
Let’s end on a high note, shall we?
- Blinkx signs a deal with LookSmart to provide video search for findarticles.com
- Pepsi delves into UGC with a can design contest. Interesting… They should hope it goes better than the last big UGC showcase, the Super Bowl.