Still working on getting your blog readers to stick around? If you’re on WordPress, you’re in luck. Technosailor’s Aaron Brazell has compiled a list of plugins designed to help improve your blog’s stickiness. What do these plugins do?
- Greet visitors from search engines with a list of relevant posts.
- Enable visitors to subscribe to comments.
- Display your most popular posts.
- Easily interlink series of posts.
- Greet returning visitors/commenters.
- Send a thank you e-mail to commenters.
- Remove nofollow selectively or completely from commenters (as Andy Beard mentioned in our comments).
- Add the magic sentence Nate Whitehill mentioned (from our first post on blog stickiness).
Why am I so obsessed with blog stickiness? Because for many bloggers, that’s one of our only goals–a low bounce rate. Also, other important blogging goals can be related to this, such as subscriptions and possibly affiliate or direct sales.
How have you improved your stickiness?