- Google Blogoscoped reports on a new Google Translate feature: a dictionary. It’s supported right now from English to French, German, Spanish, Italian or Korean and back again. It appears to have some bugs, however.
- SEL reports on two new blogs for Google: Google News Blog (launched Thursday) and Google Finance Blog (launched Wednesday).
- The Google Talk Gadget now has a group chat feature.
- In addition to their postcard verification, Google Maps will now offer local listings the option of verifying by phone everywhere except China and Japan. There’s also news of SMS verification, but again, it’s not available in China, Japan or the U.S.
- We’ve followed the GPhone rumors since December. SERoundtable has reports that a Google-loaded LG phone is launching in Europe this week. But most people still doubt that there’s a real “GPhone” in the works, according to SERoundtable survey today.
Which one will you use first?