We’ll put aside Yahoo’s CEO woes and turn our attention to their continued expansion of mobile services. The company has already made many announcements over the past few weeks, and tomorrow they’ll officially make two new mobile announcements.
First up, Yahoo’s announcing new features for Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 including:
- Faster than ever before ? Greatly increased speed, including substantially reduced loading time, makes it even more fun to use.
- Even better e-mail ? Ability to read more types of attachments, including PDF files and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents, and access to Yahoo! Mail folders.
- More powerful maps ? View both satellite and hybrid maps, current traffic conditions and optional GPS integration on select devices, including the Blackberry 8800.
- Easier to stay connected ? Search Yahoo! Address Book contacts to call or get driving directions with one-click and view Yahoo! Calendar, even search for specific entries.
- Better mobile search results ? Faster access to better results with just oneSearch.
The rollout will take place Friday when Yahoo will also launch the service in 13 new countries including: , France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom, Thailand and Vietnam. Yahoo expects the service to be available on more than 400 mobile phone brands by the end of the year.
Yahoo’s second announcement focuses on their oneSearch mobile search technology, with the news they’ve signed deals with six major mobile operators across Asia. Combined, oneSearch will reach nearly 100 million new subscribers.
Anyone a fan of Yahoo Go? What’s your favorite mobile content provider? I’ve been testing a few including Google and InfoSpace, but not really found one single place to call home yet.