98% of Journalists Use the Web for Research
DMNews has details of a new study from Middleberg/Ross entitled ? The Seventh Annual Middleberg / Ross Survey of Media in the Wired World: Journalists Use of Internet at All-Time High.? – just rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it?
It’s not too surprising that 98% of journalists use the web daily as part of their search for news – the other 2% still don’t believe this internet thing will ever catch-on.
Here’s what else the study revealed about journalists:
- 92% use the web for article research
- 81% are using search engines
- 76% use the web to find news sources and experts for stories – ooh, pick me, pick me!
- 73% of journalists use the web to find press releases – wait, why are we using newswires then?
- 81% of print journalists find ideas on the web