Google Adds Campaign Optimizer to AdWords
The new tool is designed to look for weaknesses in your campaign and suggest ways to boost performance.
Here’s where you can run it…
How does it work?
…first, the tool analyzes your campaign to see what settings have or haven’t worked well for you recently — this process typically takes a minute or less. Next, it generates a customized proposal of ideas for your campaign aimed at improving your performance. Finally, you’ll be able to review each proposed change and apply the ones you like directly to your campaign.
Take a look at all of the lovely benefits Google lists, and see if you notice something of interest…
- Change daily budget. Budget adjustments can affect your ad visibility and bring you more traffic.
- Add new keywords. Campaign Optimizer proposes targeted keywords that relate to your landing page.
- Change keyword matching options. The right matching option can help you reach customers more effectively.
- Adjust keyword maximum cost-per-click bid. Your maximum CPC bid (in addition to your ad quality) affects your ad position.
- Change ad text. Your ad text affects your click-through rate.
Did you spot it? I know, it’s subtle. There are no suggestions that involve reducing your spend, killing keywords, or down-bidding. It looks like Google mostly associates “optimize” with increasing. 😉