Zillow Adds Social Features to Keep Ahead of Realtors
It seems real estate appraisal service Zillow is preparing to take on real estate agents by offering what they’ve so far failed to. While realtors might be making life a little difficult for Zillow, the company has decided to tap into social networks and offer services that I’ve not seen elsewhere.
- Neighborhood Pages – 6500 of them across 134 cities. Packed full with demographic data, neighborhood discussion forums (for all that gossip about the strange family down the street) and photo sharing.
- Zillow Discussions – Yahoo Answers for home buyers.
- New Home Page – more personalization options.
With the recent addition of Vanessa Fox, we fully expect to see a Zillow Owners Console soon, with the following:
- Showings – When was the last time a realtor visited your house.
- Any errors – the agent tried to show your home, but couldn’t find the front door.
- Restrictions – a realtor found your home, but couldn’t come inside due to an alarm system.
- Room analysis – here’s all the rooms in your house, and which ones we consider to be the most impressive aka ZillowRank.
Any others you can think of? 😉