It seems real estate appraisal service Zillow is preparing to take on real estate agents by offering what they’ve so far failed to. While realtors might be making life a little difficult for Zillow, the company has decided to tap into social networks and offer services that I’ve not seen elsewhere.
- Neighborhood Pages – 6500 of them across 134 cities. Packed full with demographic data, neighborhood discussion forums (for all that gossip about the strange family down the street) and photo sharing.
- Zillow Discussions – Yahoo Answers for home buyers.
- New Home Page – more personalization options.
With the recent addition of Vanessa Fox, we fully expect to see a Zillow Owners Console soon, with the following:
- Showings – When was the last time a realtor visited your house.
- Any errors – the agent tried to show your home, but couldn’t find the front door.
- Restrictions – a realtor found your home, but couldn’t come inside due to an alarm system.
- Room analysis – here’s all the rooms in your house, and which ones we consider to be the most impressive aka ZillowRank.
Any others you can think of?