In a leaked internal memo to Yahoo! Sales staff, President Susan Decker outlines a management team shake-up “that creates a new division responsible for generating the bulk of the company’s revenue”. [NYTimes]
Here’s a rundown of the full memo issued following Decker’s consultations with Jerry Yang – CEO and Chief
- Greg Coleman, EVP of Global Sales, is out – and will pursue other opportunities by mutual agreement!
- Hilary Schneider, EVP of Local Markets & Commerce Division (LMC), will head a new “umbrella” division called, Global Partner Solutions (GPS) – encompassing Global Sales, the Online Channel, the Yahoo! Publisher Network, Corporate Partnerships and Hot Jobs
- Jeff Weiner, EVP Network Division, will take back Schneider’s LMC units having lost them in a previous reorg
- Marco Boerries, EVP of Connected Life Division, will continue with Mobile Business Development under close co-ordination of GPS
- Engineering and Product Team will report to Venkat Panchapakesan, CEO Software Development
One critical position yet to be filled is Head of Tech – rumors that co-founder David Filo is still at the heart of technical operations may be unnerving candidates.