Their initial support will cover:
- Troubleshooting tools to ensure MSNBot is effectively crawling and indexing your site
- Sitemap creation, submission and ping tools
- Statistics about your website
- Consolidation of content submission resources
- New content and community resources
Slated to be available to the public this fall, the Live Search blog has opened up the private beta. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in providing feedback on Microsoft’s answer to Webmaster Central and Site Explorer!
This is a promising sign that MSN/Live is really beginning to take search seriously: communicating with the SEO community is, I think, a step in the right direction. By communicating with the people who not only try to position sites in the index, but also communicate to their clients why targeting MSN/Live search is still important, Live has its own free word-of-mouth campaign.