There’s a lot of great marketing news this morning. Here’s the stuff that you should know about.
- Fashion network Glam is poised to announce a $1 billion advertising deal. Its competitors say Glam is nothing but an ad network. Legitimate or sour-grapes?
- Do-it-yourself Digg clone, Pligg, is up for sale. I’m sure Digg will watch closely to see how much each of the 10,000 registered users are worth.
- As of the 15th, you’ll no longer be able to buy video downloads from Google Video.
- Just as ex-Yahoo CEO Terry Semel sells $2.75M of stock, new president Susan Decker picks up $1.1M worth. A planned move or an attempt to negate the negative reaction of Semel’s sale?
- Google is going to help Universal undercut Apple’s iTunes music downloads.
- Search Engine Strategies Toronto names Andrew Goodman as Chair. A great choice–congrats to Andrew!