Pilgrim’s Picks for August 20
Happy Monday morning to you! What, not feeling too chirpy today? Grab some caffeine and enjoy these great nuggets.
- Mert Sahinoglu inspired SEOmoz’s recent video on Wiki-jacking. Mert’s back with a follow up on a black-hat technique for dropping wiki pages from Google’s first page.
- Congratulations to Barry Smyth. His excellent Australian Search Summit has partnered with Danny Sullivan and will become SMX Sydney in 2008.
- More than 14,000 Facebook and MySpace users have lobbied Cadbury’s to bring back the Wispa chocolate bar in the UK. My mum loves Wispas, so she’ll be chuffed!
- If you’re going to announce the results of the study, release the actual study at the same time as the press release! Unfortunately Fusion PR will only reveal that 78% of technology journalists read blogs, 67% cite blogs in their articles, and 35% maintain their own blog.
- My good friend Garrett French reveals a five point strategy for building link hubs.
- Jeremiah has details of a new white paper on social media measurement – great stuff!