Netizens Trust Each Other for Product Recommendations
Nielsen has released a survey of 26,486 web users from around the world and discovered that we all prefer the recommendations of others over advertising. Shocker! 😉
- 78% of survey respondents trust recommendations from other consumers.
- Newspapers came second with 63%, and online opinions third with 61%.
- Search engine ads (34%), banner ads (26%), and mobile text ads (18%) made up the least trusted.
- American’s trusted blogs more than any other country, with 66% of us trusting blogs for product and service recommendations.
- The countries most likely to trust advertising? The Philippines (67%), Brazil (67%) and Mexico (66%).
- Meanwhile the Danes don’t trust any advertising (28%).
Read the full report for more juicy stats.