Wish I could be ridiculing UNC, too. Just one of the many ways I hope I’ll grow up to be like Andy Beal.
- David Berkowitz tried out Facebook’s new targeted Social Ads. What did he say in his ad copy? “you’re being targeted as a fan of 1984. what do you think of that? i want to hear from you on my blog.” In a single day, he got 25 responses to ad targeting from real Facebook users (or at least, users who put 1984 in their profile as one of their favorite books).
- And now we’re getting the government involved: New Facebook, MySpace Ad Programs Prompt FTC Complaint
- Andy’s spoken out against it, and now Information Week asks Can Advertisers Ward Off Looming Threat Of Do Not Track List? (And, because these link posts are here to save us all some time, I’ll tell you his answer: give consumers control over their data.)
- Venture Beat reports on the progress of the latest/newest/oldest/perennial “Google killer”: Facebook search expands
- Dead since March, Microsoft Link Command Comes Back to Life