Pilgrim’s Picks for November 21
I figure that most of you are either already heading out for Thanksgiving or in your mind, you wish you were. With that in mind, I’m going to make it easy on you with just a Pilgrim’s Picks of today’s news. If any of our other excellent writers are still around, you might hear from them too.
- Apple is getting creative with their video ads. You have to check out this web ad where “Mac” and “PC” actually discuss a banner ad that PC has put together. Funny!
- Google Custom Search is now available in 40 languages–Klingon is not one of them.
- Online activist group MoveOn has publicly criticized Facebook’s “Beacon” ad platform. Facebook shoots back in defense.
- Online advertising startup Clickable has raised another $3 million.
- OK, sure, Pubcon in Vegas might be better than SES Chicago (which will still be great), but SES London is going to be awesome. How do I know? Because my best buddy Mike Grehan is hosting the event!