Having taken a quick look at Pioneer Electronics announced online TV platform SyncTV, I’m pretty excited about it.
Here’s what Reuters says the new service will offer:
- Monthly subscription fees of $2 to $4, or;
- Buy single episodes instead at $2 per episode
- Videos will offer surround-sound
- Resolution will be at least DVD-quality with some in HD
- Can be transferred to portable devices (except iPod)
- Will work with Windows and Macs
SyncTV won’t be ready until January and hasn’t yet disclosed which content partners it has lined up.
I like that I can pay a reasonable monthly fee and get DVD/HD quality content that I can move from computer, to TV, to portable player. The biggest question is what video content will SyncTV offer? I’ve yet to find a single online video service that offers a large catalog of content.