New data from Nielsen Online shows WordPress.com leaping over SixApart’s TypePad to take second place in the hosted-blog market. Here’s the new top five:
- Blogger – 34,104,000 users – up 58% from last year
- WordPress – 11,440,000 users – up 444% from last year (wow!)
- Six Apart TypePad – 10,601,000 – up 20 % from last year
- TMZ.com – 7,107,000 – up 10%
- LiveJournal – 3,366,000 – up 27%
The numbers are only for hosted software platforms, so don’t include WordPress.org, MovableType or Drupal.
Blogger has a huge lead but I wonder how many of those are active and not spam scraper sites? I remember the days when it seemed LiveJournal was the tool to use for blogging, but I instead went with Blogger. Now I’m a true WordPress convert.
So what platform do you use and what’s your number 1 reason for your choice?