Linky Goodness, December 12
I don’t know, Andy. Maybe things are winding down for the holidays—or maybe we’re all too busy Christmas shopping online to think of full-length stories for the news tidbits we find 😉 .
- Is SMS the ‘Net,’ and can they be neutral? Several groups have petitioned the FCC to stop Telecom Censorship of Text Messages
- Well. Of all the criticisms of AskEraser, this is the assessment to which I have to give the most resounding, “DUH.” AskEraser Deletes Data, But Also Reduces User Personalization
- Radiohead criticized as band shuts down ‘In Rainbows’ promotion: well, of course they are. We all wanted it for free. Or we would be happy to pay $5. But $20 in a store? Isn’t that, like, infringing up on my constitutional rights or something?
- I like this headline: Official Google Blog: Haere Mai! Google Maps lands in New Zealand Guess what “Haere mai” means. “Come here.” Were you looking for “Kia ora?”
- ‘Member when they acquired Five Across, Tribe.net and WebEx and we all wondered, what the crap are you doing, switching technology company? Read/Write Web understands! Cisco’s Social Networking Strategy Comes Into Focus
- Aw, man. United Online Cancels Classmates IPO
- Movable Type Finally Goes Open-Source. Is Blogger next? (HA.)
Well, now that that’s done, I’m back to my Christmas shopping!