Today was one of those days. What that means is that there’s really not much going on in the world of internet marketing news. That also means that after you’ve read the items below, you have my permission to go home–tell the boss I said it was OK.
Don’t panic! If anything exciting happens today, we’ll let you know.
- Techdirt reports that Amazon has patented “blurbs” and Google “snippets.” If you want “clips,” “bites,” or “smattering” you’d better get to the patent office ASAP.
- The internet in the UK is being taken over by those over-55.
- 2007 was supposed to be the year of the pig. Dogpile–who else–has evidence to prove that it was the year of the dog.
- Both Daniel and Tamar provide valid arguments why Digg’s “acquisition” ship might have already sailed.
- MarketingSherpa wants to hear about the marketing lessons you learned in 2007.