Pilgrim’s Picks for December 3 – PubCon Edition
It’s a big week for search marketers! With PubCon and SES Chicago going on this week, don’t expect to be able to reach your SEM consultant quickly–he/she is busy learning the latest tactics to help your campaign.
I’m jumping on a plane later today for PubCon, but wanted to leave you with these news treats.
- Lee Odden is asking "why do you head to PubCon?"
- Matt Cutts was clearly uncomfortable with Google AdWords continuing to promote "text link ads" companies, when he’s trying to crack down algorithmically. So, SEJ has news that he’s working with the AdWords team to remove such ads. Matt also answers questions on Google’s paid link filtering efforts.
- A court has rejected Facebook’s efforts to have an unflattering story about its founder, Mark Zuckerberg, removed from the web.
- The NYT looks at why Google is hosting 2008 presidential election candidates.
- Over at apophenia, they take a guess at who might click on social networking ads.