Want a Company Wiki? Just Add Wetpaint
I’ve long told businesses that instead of trying to get the perfect Wikipedia profile, they should simply build their own wiki using Wetpaint. Of course, Wetpaint is designed to allow your business to build a wiki for any practical purpose–not just for a company profile–and with today’s launch of “Just Add Wetpaint,” companies can now get their own fully-customized wiki platform.
The new service is aimed at larger companies–or anyone that can afford the $10k price tag–and includes the following:
- A full-featured social computing platform. The Wetpaint platform includes complete wiki and discussion forum functionality, tagging, commenting, social profiles, private messaging, newsletters, and one-click widget insertion for images, video, polls, chat, Flash applications, and more.
- Custom development. Recognizing the uniqueness of every brand, Wetpaint customizes the look and feel of each community site to faithfully convey brand standards, integrating existing graphical and navigational assets and conventions, technologies, domains, and advertising as needed.
- Content development. Wetpaint seeds editorial content on the site that encourages active user contribution and engagement, while also organically increasing traffic to the partner’s website.
- Promotion. Promoting sites through the Wetpaint network and the Internet at large, Wetpaint applies its editorial and search engine optimization advantages to garner traffic. Additionally, Wetpaint works with each partner individually to develop custom onsite promotions to drive awareness and membership.
- Hosting and support. Based on a powerful software as a service model, deploying Just Add Wetpaint requires no hardware or software and no maintenance or extra development. Implementation and support are handled by Wetpaint with minimal requirements on partner’s internal and IT department resources, allowing any enterprise to launch a world-class braded community site in record time.