Google has passed Microsoft and the BBC to become the UK’s strongest brand, according to a new report from Superbrands.
Some other interesting observations:
- Google is the only company on the list to have started after 1990.
- The other 49 listed companies have an average age of 90 years in business.
- Google muscled out British favorites including the BBC, BP, British Airways, and Rolls Royce.
- Google jumped from #5 last year, to #1 this year.
- Apple dropped completely out of the Top 10 (#8 last year).
The list is compiled by senior business leaders and an independent survey of 1,500 professionals.