Happy Monday, one and all. Not feeling it? How ’bout some great links:
- Update on Google/Viacom: Google Response Time To Viacom Copyright Lawsuit Extended Two Months.
- Some patent information: New Google Process for Detecting Near Duplicate Content.
- Google explains why they think they’re so popular. Sort of. Official Google Blog: Our secret sauce.
- The EU wants to stop search engines from retaining IP addresses and search histories. Meanwhile, search engines will continue to argue that IP addresses aren’t personally identifiable information.
- We thought Ask3D was revolutionary, but now Ask.com Adds More Sponsored Ads, Pushing Organic Results Below Fold. YMMV from Barry’s; mine does.
- Yahoo Pushes for Dissident Release, meanwhile they’re being sued for not doing enough in the Chinese Dissidents Case.