Don’t worry, our other fabulous writers will be along later to fill in the blanks.
- AOL’s CEO thinks a merger between Microsoft and Yahoo is a big mistake. Kind of insulting to be told what to do by a company that can’t get it right themselves, don’t ya think?
- Google’s stock tanked yesterday, but did it drop for legitimate reasons? Many analysts are now weighing in and suggesting GOOG is a now a bargain!
- Local company review site Yelp has raised $15 million in a 4th round of VC. 4th round? Shouldn’t it be able to stand on its own two feet by now?
- Seeking Alpha brings us an interesting conspiracy theory. Microsoft Live Search is screening out web sites that display Google or Yahoo ads.
- Gigablast is proud to announce that 55% of web users find its results “as good as or better than Google.” Which could mean that for every page that loads, 45% of the results are worse than Google’s–something to work on.
- Eurekster is today releasing a new version of its site search service Swicki.
- Watch some great videos from the 10th anniversary of “The Cluetrain Manifesto.”