As you know, I’m currently in Santa Clara getting ready to speak at Danny Sullivan’s SMX West. While I’m busy being busy, I’ll leave you with these items that caught my eye.
Don’t worry, our other fabulous writers will be along later to fill in the blanks.
- AOL’s CEO thinks a merger between Microsoft and Yahoo is a big mistake. Kind of insulting to be told what to do by a company that can’t get it right themselves, don’t ya think?
- Google’s stock tanked yesterday, but did it drop for legitimate reasons? Many analysts are now weighing in and suggesting GOOG is a now a bargain!
- Local company review site Yelp has raised $15 million in a 4th round of VC. 4th round? Shouldn’t it be able to stand on its own two feet by now?
- Seeking Alpha brings us an interesting conspiracy theory. Microsoft Live Search is screening out web sites that display Google or Yahoo ads.
- Gigablast is proud to announce that 55% of web users find its results “as good as or better than Google.” Which could mean that for every page that loads, 45% of the results are worse than Google’s–something to work on.
- Eurekster is today releasing a new version of its site search service Swicki.
- Watch some great videos from the 10th anniversary of “The Cluetrain Manifesto.”