A new poll from We Media/Zogby Interactive suggests more and more Americans are snubbing traditional news outlets and are instead relying on the internet for their news.
Of the 1,979 people polled, Reuters reports:
- Nearly 70% believe traditional journalism is out of touch.
- 64% are dissatisfied with the quality of their local news.
- Less than a third get their news from TV.
- 11% get their news from radio.
- Just 10% pick up news from a newspaper.
- Meanwhile, nearly 50% said their primary source for news was the internet.
I’d love to see more data as to why we’re switching to the web for our news. Could it be:
- We can get news faster on the web.
- We can read news when we want and how we want.
- News on the web tends to be in a different, more concise format.
- News on the web–especially blogs–includes more opinion. Which makes us think more.
- News on the web is less likely to be biased.
- News on the web is more likely to be biased.
- All of the above???
What do you think? Are you reading more news online, and if so, why?