Pilgrim Picky Goodness, March 12
Hm… that title might’ve sounded better in my head. . . . Regardless, today we’ve got so many good stories and so little time that Pilgrim’s Picks and Linky Goodness have teamed up to keep you on top of the news!
- Some places will just do anything for a little publicity: Nanaimo, BC is “Google Earth Town”. We’re talking about some serious integration here.
- Will Yahoo get AOL? (via)
- Google Webmaster Central will keep your “messages waiting” even before you register for Webmaster Tools. If you haven’t done that already.
- Some advice on ethics to the big G: Open Letter To Google: Do The Right Thing, Divest Yourself Of Performics
- As with many mergers, Job Cuts Likely in Google-DoubleClick Merger
- Were you anticipating the big Yahoo announcement this week? (No?) YouTube Expands API Set – Including Upload, Player APIs. You get the news anyway.
- An interview with Hulu’s CEO defending their Distribution model: it ‘Already Works’
- Maybe I’m the only one who cares, but NBC To Launch Mobile ‘Law & Order’ Game. Ooooh yes.
- eMarketer looks at the amount of time people spend watching TV individually and as households. Guess what? It’s still going up every year. Online Video Will Not Replace TV.
- While we all acknowledge that it is a possibility, maybe hearing that “Google could be superseded” from Tim Berners-Lee (Sir Tim) lends it a little more credibility. Maybe.