It appears TechCrunch has the scoop on the rumored Flickr video service.
Here’s what you’re getting:
- Videos limited to 90 seconds and 150MB in size.
- Video stills appears alongside images.
- Videos can be tagged and geotagged–just like images.
- A clean, embedable video player.
- Anyone can view videos, but only Pro users can upload (Pro license is $25 a year).
Interesting that videos are limited in size. Is that a bandwidth issue at Yahoo, or part of Flickr’s efforts to set itself apart from YouTube–while keeping purist users happy?
Update: Here’s an example video (from Flickr itself). Where can you upload and view videos on Flickr? We’re still looking–stay tuned.