Pilgrim’s Picks for April 10
You know the drill. I share interesting marketing stories and you read them. 🙂
- PBS’s Mark Glaser takes a close look a the evolution of the press release and how social media is playing its part in the transformation. Be sure to read the whole article, or you’ll miss my wise words. 🙂
- After five years of development, Microsoft is finally ready to launch a web-based tool complete with Clearflow–technology that helps you avoid traffic jams.
- AdBrite has launched Open Targeting Exchange (OTX) a marketplace for advertising networks and publishers.
- Techdirt asks: "Why Is RIM Trying To Block The Trademark On Twitter?" Why indeed would the maker of Blackberry want to stop the registration of "Twitter" as a trademark?
- AOL has grouped its existing technology blogs under one new umbrella: AOL Tech Network.
- If you opted-in to Google Analytics benchmarking, you should see a new "Benchmarking (Beta)" option in your "Visitors" menu. Some cool data! 😉
- Congrats to my buddy (and client) Jon Rognerud on the release of his new book "Ultimate Guide to Search Engine Optimization: Drive Traffic, Boost Conversion Rates and Make Lots of Money." Jon’s a smart guy, so you should probably pick up a copy.