Pilgrim’s Picks for April 15 – Your Taxes Are Due Today!
I hope you took heed of yesterday’s reminder to get your taxes mailed off. If you’re heading to the post office today, good luck. My wife took ours in yesterday and the line was 25 deep–I’m sure the procrastinators will make it even worse today.
If you have a Blackberry or iPhone, you can enjoy these Picks, while standing in line.
- Is Twitter getting ready to test ads in your stream of messages? If they do, I’d pay a nominal fee to not see them, would you?
- Gawker Media has decide to spin-out 3 blogs from its network.
- The Rubicon Project wants to compete with Google’s Ad Manager.
- As we’ve long suspected, Google’s "Don’t Be Evil" is more of an aspiration than company motto.
- "With great power comes great responsibility" (a great philosopher once said) and Google’s putting its great power to work by building software to protect children from abuse.
- Google fixes another flaw that could have opened its services up to hackers.
- A new search engine promises to plant two trees for every 1000 searches made.