Pilgrim’s Picks for April 1st – April Fools 2008 Edition
Is any of today’s news real? Let me tell you, today is the day that you don’t want to be in the business of reporting internet news–the whole web has gone April Fools crazy!
If any legitimate news does surface today, we’ll let you know. In the meantime, enjoy this selection of April Fools jokes (mostly Google-related).
- The official Google blog announces a joint space venture between Google and Virgin.
- InfoWorld plays April Fools roulette by suggesting Microsoft & Yahoo have agreed on a price. Never mess with Wall Street–you could get sued!
- Google Docs users will see new drop-down menu items, including “New Airplane.”
- Google Calendar adds a new “Wake Up Kit” to its offering.
- Meanwhile, RWW has news that Google will soon serve-up AdSense ads in our dreams.
- Change the date of your Gmail’s so that they appear to have been sent in the past.
- One of my favorites from Google Australia. Search for items one day in the future with gDay.
- Danny’s suggestion, that Microsoft will pay $1m a year to anyone that stops using Google, actually has some merit.
- Of course, if you had your Google Watch on, you could do all of this from the comfort of your own wrist.
Seen any other good April Fools jokes? Leave a link in the comments to your favorites.