It’s birthday cake time at Marketing Pilgrim! No, the blog itself is not celebrating its birthday, but today is the birthday of our own Jordan McCollum! OK, OK, it’s my birthday too!
It’s not a requirement that, in order to work here, your birthday has to be on April 2nd, but it might help.
For those of you not celebrating a birthday today, you can still partake of these news Picks:
- The UK’s Times reports on a forecast predicting internet piracy will take food off the table of authors. As an author, I disagree. It’s the very small royalties payments that will take food off our table.
- TechCrunch…blah, blah….rumor…blah, blah, blah…multiple sources…blah, blah…Google buying or partnering with Skype? Could be interesting, if true.
- Another rumor lacking substance. Valleywag is reporting Google will lay off 15% of newly-acquired DoubleClick’s workforce.
- USA Today wants to help you figure out if it is time to buy GOOG or sell it.
- ChannelAdvisor helps companies do business on eBay–they’re also located here in North Carolina. It has announced the addition of 170 new clients. If it ever goes public, I’m buying some shares–it’s a hot company!