Pilgrim’s Picks for April 8 – “How to” Edition
There are a lot of smart people out there, you just need to know where to find them. While you’re waiting for the start of the 3rd Annual SEM Scholarship Contest, you can take in these great "how to" articles and perhaps get an idea for your entry.
- I’ll admit to not using many keyboard shortcuts with Gmail. Dennis O’Reilly explains how my life would be a lot easier if I followed his Gmail advice.
- Getting your site banned on Google is not a fun thing, but is it really banned? Mark Jackson has some tips for making sure your site is truly banned, before panicking.
- John Carcutt explains why Google reputation management is so darn difficult. How hard is it? In Radically Transparent, we devote an entire chapter to Google reputation repair.
- Over at Search Engine Guide, Jennifer explains why a Spider Simulator is your friend.
- Dan Perry offers his thoughts on what makes a good conference moderator–I’m bookmarking this one! 😉
- Are you a small business owner? Carrie Hill offers 30 quick tips for marketing your business on the web.
- Desperate for some pretty Google Sitelinks? Wayne Smallman offers his advice for obtaining them.
- Are all the social media buzzwords giving you a headache. Jim Tobin explains 25 of the most popular.
- Are you guilty of the 3 common paid search ad mistakes Dan London describes?