Linky Goodness, May 14
Well, today is a momentous occasion: 401 years ago today, the colony at Jamestown was settled. That would make today the 400th birthday of permanent English settlement in the now-US. Woot. (And last year was the 400th anniversary.)
- Apparently not as bloodthirsty as Amazon, Overstock opts to terminate all New-York–based affiliates. Who’s next? And will they reinstate them if Amazon gets a favorable ruling?
- Believe it or not, Yahoo! Buzz Overtook Digg last month, according to comScore.
- Activity on the Facebook platform is slowing. What, everybody tired of writing zombie apps?
- And speaking of growing, Silicon Alley says Google Search To Surpass Size of Microsoft Windows in 2009 in terms of size and profit. No wonder Microsoft was so interested in Yahoo.
- Apples : Oranges :: Twitter : mainstream press (and the definition of ‘outshine’). Me, I’d like to see Reuters run something that said, “I felt an earthquake” — “WOW: was that an earthquake??” — “earthquake!!!!!!” — “earthquake in Beijing so crazy!”
- IAC’s spinoffs move forward, with details from paidContent.
- The debate rages on: Branding is Dead; Long Live SEO