Instead, in the true spirit of Pilgrim’s Picks, these stories are news, just not newsy enough.
- It seems Viacom has finally found an online video home for Comedy Central shows The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. Hulu is safe from the Viacom’s IP attorneys.
- Kudos to Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable for agreeing to block web sites that disseminate child pornography.
- Om Malik’s NewTeeVee web site is getting its own video channel.
- Want Google’s official word on when to use relative versus absolute URLs? It depends.
- Despite an economic slowdown in the US, online ad spending increased by 23.9% to $7.1 billion in the first quarter.
- Google’s UK market share has grown by almost 10% in the past year, nudging the 90% mark! (Compare to the US market share of 68%)
- Jason Shellen moved on from his work on Google’s Blogger team. He’s working on Plinky and has secured at least $1.5M in funding. What is Plinky? He’s not telling…yet.
- GetFave.com has expanded its local business directory and added video.