Pilgrim’s Picks for June 16
Nothing like a lunchtime flight to LAX to ensue you make the most of your morning. While I rush around like a headless chicken, you can enjoy the soothing words of today’s Picks.
- Carl Icahn believes the Yahoo/Google deal “might have some merit.” Let’s hope so, because if he pushes forward with his proxy battle, it might trip a “change of control provision” allowing Google to walk away from the deal.
- It seems Google is developing tools that will allow you to monitor your broadband speed–so you’ll know if your ISP is throttling your connection.
- You can now upload, view, print and share your PDF documents on Google Docs. No editing or creation tools at this time.
- Russia’s largest search engine Yandex is acquiring SMIlink, a Russian data collection company.
- Frank Reed shares a real-life example of why local businesses need to manage their online reputation and also provides some valuable tips.
- You can now download the Google toolbar for Firefox 3.