I’ll share it here, so anyone can use it.
A consultant is a tugboat at a busy harbor. The ship (client) could eventually find its own way to the dock, and may even manage to pull into a slip. However, the tugboat is there to give gently nudges in the right direction, ensure the ship avoids any shallow dangers, and actually berths at the right slip.
So says Andy “the tugboat” Beal.
OK, now for today’s Picks:
- Blyk is a European mobile phone service that provides free calls in exchange for users accepting advertisements. Next it plans to expand beyond Britain to markets in Netherlands, Germany, Spain, and Belgium.
- Semantic “search engine” Evri is launching its limited beta today.
- More expansion news. This time search engine analytics service SpyFu is coming to UK.
- Just days after we thought Yahoo and Microsoft were done talking–for good–rumors start circulating that the two companies may be talking…again!
- BusinessWeek warns bloggers that AP may not be the only media company monitoring the use of its content.
- Google’s Asian search market share may only be 15% above Yahoo, but that’s enough to ensure its dominance.