Just a year ago, Yahoo had a major management shakeup as Terry Semel stepped down and Jerry Yang and Susan Decker stepped in. Now, June rolls round again and it’s time for more changes. Among the changes announced:
Three new “teams” reporting to Sue Decker (President of Yahoo):
- Audience Products Division, led by Ash Patel of Platforms & Infrastructure—companywide product strategy and product management.
- A U.S. region, led by Hilary Schneider, former head of the Global Partner Solutions group—accountability for all go-to-market activity in the U.S.
- Insights Strategy team, leader TBA—centralizing and executing a common strategy for the use of data and analysis across Yahoo!.
Further changes come under the Yahoo technology organization, still led by Chief Technology Officer Ari Balogh:
- Developing a world-class cloud computing and storage infrastructure, to be handled by the new Cloud Computing & Data Infrastructure Group.
- Rewiring Yahoo! onto common platforms, with all consumer-facing platform teams under the Audience Technology Group, led by Venkat Panchapakesan.
- Creating a stronger partnership between product and engineering teams
New leadership in the tech organization includes:
- Search group: Prabhakar Raghavan, head of Research, to direct search strategy
- Search group: Tuoc Luong, leader of Search Engineering, as the interim leader of the search product team.
- Advertising Technology Group: David Ku (under Search)
Yahoo says that Prabhakar and Tuoc will also continue to be the leaders of their former devisions.
In other news, Carl Icahn is probably still not impressed. He filed another proxy board with the SEC, but according to paidContent, the new filing basically rehashes the arguments of the previous filings and fights.