While most of Radically Transparent is about managing and monitoring your online reputation, we spend a lot of time explaining that customers are discussing your brand and would love to have you join the conversation. New research from ExpoTV.com shows just how badly your customers want to hear from you.
Jeremiah Owyang has summarized the key points (emphasis is mine):
- 55% of customers in their survey want to have an ongoing discussion brands
- Respondents were most anxious to talk to the product design (49%) department, followed by customer support (14%), marketing (14%) and pricing (13%)
- 89% said they felt more loyal if they knew the brand was listening through a feedback group
- WOM: Sixty-one percent of survey respondents said that they told at least 10 people about the last brand they liked.
- WOM: Eighty-one percent of respondents will tell at least five people.
I tell many companies, if the only step you take is to monitor customer feedback–and act on it–you’ll see huge benefits.
How would you like to have 89% loyalty to your brand?