- Arteworks has been fighting against would-be SEO trademarker Jason Gambert for a while now and shows Gambert’s latest stunts: after citing Wikipedia in his trademark application, Gambert Edits Wikipedia, Then Gets Banned From Wikipedia (and for fun discussion see Tamar’s coverage of his Wikipedia user page)
- What does 16% of Yahoo get you? We may find out: Capital Research Global Investors’ portfolio manager, Gordon Crawford, is leaning toward Icahn in looming Yahoo proxy battle. Ouch.
- Though they don’t have approval yet here, Yahoo notifies the EU about their North American ad deal with Google. Will the EU care?
- Will Google Maps add walking directions? I certainly hope so. That was my favorite thing in Ask City (until they sold out to Microsoft recently and somehow lost walking directions even though Microsoft also has them….).
- Gmail is now fighting phishing by authenticating emails from popularly phished sites eBay and PayPal.
And two more items on the technical side of things: