Pilgrim’s Picks for July 11 – iPhone 3G Edition
I won’t lie to you, today’s going to be a tough news day for us internet marketers. Just about all of the focus is on Apple’s Launch of the iPhone 3G.
Fortunately, I found these morsels to share and we’ll have other stories up, as we discover them.
- All Things Digital tells us to expect an announcement this morning that Britain’s Guardian newspaper has acquired new site/blog paidContent.
- YouTube will soon add geosearch so you can find videos tagged to a specific geographic location.
- Viacom is trying to convince everyone that it didn’t ask for your personal YouTube information–except, it did ask.
- Jeremiah Owyang explains why that first page of Google results for your brand, is your new corporate homepage. Which is why in Radically Transparent we call Google a "reputation engine."
- You can catch web analytics guru Avinash Kaushik in this upcoming free webinar.
- Google’s Street View is invading Britain–yeah, Brits don’t take too kindly to any kind of unwanted invasion.
- Have you registered for SES San Jose yet? The speaker line-up for the August event looks strong and I’ll be there to discuss "Facebook, Feeds and Micro-Blogging."