The day after a holiday weekend can mean only one of two things:
- You took some extra vacation days, so won’t read this until sometime Wednesday.
- You’re back at work, but don’t feel like working, so reading Marketing Pilgrim will ease you in gently.
These Picks are hot and fresh! Unless, of course, you’re reading this on Wednesday, in which case they’re now likely stale (which you deserve, for taking more vacation than the rest of us!)
- VentureBeat reports there’s gold in dem der mobile advertising hills.
- If you love Second Life, you’ll drool over new research on brands in virtual worlds. If, like me, you don’t care for Second Life, you’ll fall asleep by the end of the first paragraph.
- Selling SEO consulting? Aaron Wall takes a look at what he thinks is the best approach. Peg me for number 3: I enjoy the strategic/training side of SEO consulting.
- NBC hopes our Olympics viewing habits will provide valuable insight on how we use different media channels. You might want to count me out. My Olympics viewing habits fall into two categories: none and accidental.
- High gas prices affects us all, and marketers know that. Expect to see more advertising that taps into the pain you feel at the gas pump.
- Fred Wilson claims there are three web statistics we should never believe.
- Are you debating if you should attend SES San Jose in August? I’m speaking, but if that’s not enough of a reason (sob) then Greg Jarboe offers a lot of valid reasons for attending.