Pilgrim’s Picks for August 26 – Who Stole the News Edition?
Turns out, that’s probably the biggest news of the day. Today really is a slow news day. I’ll keep digging for something worthy of your brilliant mind, but in the meantime consider these Picks an amuse-bouche for the day. 😉
- I’ve not checked the accuracy of the data, but you have to be impressed with Khalid’s attempt to provide the "Ultimate Rank" of SEO blogs. Yeah, it’s linkbait, yeah he’s massaging the egos of those on the list–wohoo, we’re #8 😉 –but it looks like a lot of work went it to compiling the list.
- Before Google, there was no such thing as a 4-year beta. Seeking Alpha suggests Google’s beta label is a free pass to ignore glitches.
- Only 20% of Facebook’s users have voluntarily switched to its new interface–which looks a lot like FriendFeed’s. How will the other 80% react when they’re forced to make the switch?
- Mobile search and advertising startup Jumptap has raised more than $26 million in a series D round led by AllianceBernstein.
- Google’s dumped Bluetooth from its new Android phone? Don’t panic, you’ll still be able to where that fashion accessory over your ear and use an Android phone.
- Google’s built in calculator needs to go back to school as reports suggest it can’t handle some simple calculations.