Pilgrim’s Picks for August 26 – Who Stole the News Edition?

If you’re following me on Twitter, you’d have read my reaction to news that Google Suggest had finally made its way to Google’s homepage search box.

Turns out, that’s probably the biggest news of the day. Today really is a slow news day. I’ll keep digging for something worthy of your brilliant mind, but in the meantime consider these Picks an amuse-bouche for the day. ;-)

  • I’ve not checked the accuracy of the data, but you have to be impressed with Khalid’s attempt to provide the "Ultimate Rank" of SEO blogs. Yeah, it’s linkbait, yeah he’s massaging the egos of those on the list–wohoo, we’re #8 ;-) –but it looks like a lot of work went it to compiling the list.
  • Before Google, there was no such thing as a 4-year beta. Seeking Alpha suggests Google’s beta label is a free pass to ignore glitches.
  • Only 20% of Facebook’s users have voluntarily switched to its new interface–which looks a lot like FriendFeed’s. How will the other 80% react when they’re forced to make the switch?
  • Mobile search and advertising startup Jumptap has raised more than $26 million in a series D round led by AllianceBernstein.
  • Google’s dumped Bluetooth from its new Android phone? Don’t panic, you’ll still be able to where that fashion accessory over your ear and use an Android phone.
  • Google’s built in calculator needs to go back to school as reports suggest it can’t handle some simple calculations.

  • http://www.greatpriceshere.com Nicole Price

    You have titillated my taste buds with your amuse-bouche. I am eager for the main course!

    Nicole Price’s last blog post..Comics by Email

  • http://mp3leben.com Tiffany

    The last link “Google maybe good at online business but not at Math” :)

  • http://www.adoperationsonline.com Otilia @ Ad Ops Online

    Thanks for the tip on Jumptap – finally a startup worth keeping an eye on given the hot market they’re in.
    Ref. Facebook: the new design is slightly better but the level of customization of the profile page is still way behind I’d like to see.

    Otilia @ Ad Ops Online’s last blog post..Google Ad Manager out of Beta; All AdSense Publishers Can Use It

  • http://deadlypj.com poor jokes

    google’s Orkut too sucks in counting always it shows some buggy nos in communities

  • http://symbiancorner.blogspot.com Symbian

    Isn’t 26 Megabucks too much for startup?

    Symbian’s last blog post..Free VoIP Symbian app Fring now on Nokia E71

  • http://horisly.blogspot.com horisly

    ” Before Google, there was no such thing as a 4-year beta. Seeking Alpha suggests Google’s beta label is a free pass to ignore glitches. ”

    LOL…

    horisly’s last blog post..August.2008 Sales: Mercedes Benz Down 12 Percent