Pilgrim’s Picks for August 27 – Magnetic Cows Edition
Today’s Picks are just too good, so let’s jump right in.
- Researchers used Google Earth to study the alignment of 8510 cows around the world and discovered they tend to align themselves with Earth’s north-south magnetic fields. Sounds udderly ridiculous to me! 😉
- Maybe a better use of Google Earth from Olympic gold medallist Kristin Armstrong. She used Google Earth to help her train for the varying elevations in China.
- Mozilla has announced Ubiquity–a new browser interface that brings useful information to your fingertips.
- Two internet security researchers demonstrate just how easy it is for hackers to intercept your web activity.
- Who spent the most money on internet display ads in June? That would be Microsoft. The top display ad publisher for the same period? Fox Interactive Media.
- Google Ad Manager has left beta. Actually, it’s still in beta, but at least now everyone can sign-up for it.