Pilgrim’s Picks for September 9
Wow! Google is dominating the news this week. I’m sometimes asked why we have so many posts about Google. The answer? Google is an popular company and is continually announcing interesting things. If other companies step-up, we’ll cover them too! 🙂
Today’s Picks are not dominated by Google:
- We pointed out that Joe Biden’s online reputation wasn’t too positive. Jaan Kanellis takes a similar look at Sarah Palin’s and discovers hers isn’t much better.
- The Yahoo/Google deal looks certain to face scrutiny from the DoJ–it just appointed a lawyer to the case.
- CNN anchor Rick Sanchez is using Twitter to better connect with his audience.
- I’m puzzled by a recent ChannelAdvisor announcement. It raised $20M then laid off 20% of its staff. The CEO is a friend, so I’m staying low-key on this one. That doesn’t stop Frank Reed from asking some serious questions.
- An investor news service picked up a 6 year-old bankruptcy announcement from United Airlines, via Google News. It thought the announcement was new, and poor United’s stock price dropped 75%!!!